Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gotta Velata Holidays, because it's not just Fondue!

Did you know that today (April 23) is National Picnic Day? Neither did I. That is, until I looked up a list of Food Holidays... =)

So... we've all seen these tweets and posts all over the internet:
"Happy Jelly-Filled Doughnut Day! I ate a dozen, lol."
or "OMG, it's National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day!"

Haven't we? ... Or is that just me?

Anywho, I kept seeing these and was getting super curious about who decides these "holidays" and went to my trusted source: Google. And I found a nifty list of "Food Holidays".

I heart the internet!

The site is linked below and goes into more detail about the various food holidays, weeks, and months throughout the year...

BUT, I got really excited reading through some of them and decided to create a series of posts dedicated to these delicious celebrations:

"Gotta Velata Holidays, because it's not just Fondue!"

The challange? Working Velata into each and every one of these holidays!!

This should be interesting... Here we go!

April 23: National Cherry Cheesecake Day
April 24: National Pigs in a Blanket Day
April 25: National Zucchini Bread Day
April 26: National Pretzel Day
April 27: National Prime Rib Day
April 28: National Blueberry Pie Day


-----------------------------
The above list includes links to my blog posts for each holiday. You will notice I've got future holidays listed as well. So if you have an idea about what I could/should do to incorporate Velata products OR have an experience of your own, please share in the comments. Thank you!
------------------------------
For the complete list of Food Holidays, please go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment