Thursday, April 25, 2013

Gotta Velata Holidays, because it's not just Fondue: Zucchini Bread

It's National Zucchini Bread Day!!


Last summer, my parents' garden yielded a TON of zucchini. No really, if we had weighed it, I'm sure it was ton. They grew SO huge and I hated picking them because they were all prickly and as big as my arms.

We actually learned later from my cousin, who was working at a farm (or something like that), not to let them get so big. Yea, you'll have a lot more flesh to use in your recipes, but the flavor gets diluted the larger they get. I guess they only have so much flavor? So if you pick them when they are smaller the flavor is more concentrated.

Interesting thought.

Whether you like your zucchini flavor more concentrated or a little diluted, my mom has the MOST delicious zucchini bread recipe. If you don't believe me, I dare you to make it... trust me, you'll wish you had some of their bumper crop! She has graciously allowed me to share her recipe with you.

And this coming summer, you better believe I am buying my own gardening gloves and heading over to reap what they sow. =)

My Mom's Zucchini Bread


What you need:


3 eggs
½ cup oil
½ cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt

What you do:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all of the ingredients together and mix well.

Pat into 2 loaf pans that have been sprayed with Pam.

Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Cool in pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to complete the cooling process.

I think this would be so yummy with a drizzle of our Velata White Chocolate! Or you could chop up some of the Velata Milk Chocolate wafers and bake them right in the bread. YUM!


Order your Velata products here: http://chocelata.velata.us
--------------------------
For more Gotta Velata Holiday posts, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment