Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Alright, I've decided to share with all of you some of my favorite chocolate infused recipes.  I have a lot of favorites, but I have to start with my mom's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.  They are seriously SO good!  It is impossible to eat just one, and they never last very long in our house.  All growing up my mom only made them around the holidays, so now when I make them (all year long!) I am reminded of family gatherings and wonderful childhood memories.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 C shortening
1 1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1 C pumpkin
1/4 C milk
3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1 C chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375 Combine the flour, baking soda, cloves, allspice and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.  Cream the shortening, sugar, egg and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl.  Mix in the milk.  Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.  This is a very thick cookie dough, so if you are using a little hand mixer like me, you will need to give your mixer a break every so often to prevent overheating.  If you're lucky enough to own a Kitchenaid or other stand mixer, I envy you...  :)  When the dough is all combined, mix in the chocolate chips (again, hand mixer people please use a rubber spatula and save that little motor).  Drop cookies onto foil-lined cookie sheets and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until done.  Let them cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheet before moving them to wire racks (or your mouth!).  Mm-mm, I really do love these cookies!

Stay tuned for more recipes... if you have a chocolate recipe that you think I should add to my favorites, send me an email at Chocelata@gmail.com!

2 comments:

  1. now you have me wanting your mom's cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can promise that if you try them, they will become a family favorite in your home too! :)

      Delete